GED®: Key to Success
This course prepares the student to pass the
exam and to be awarded a State of Florida High
School Diploma for Florida residents. This course is
intended to prepare the student who is working at or above level
9 scores on the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education).
ABE: Adult Basic Education
This course prepares the student to enroll
in a GED®
preparation course. This program is intended to
provide basic literacy and life skills for adults who are
performing at level 7 - 8 scores on TABE (Test of Adult
Basic Education). The content develops basic literacy in
all areas of knowledge.
- You are not tied to a classroom
- You can complete the work at your own
- You can complete the work during the
hours most suited for you.
- You have an instructor to mentor you
through the online course.
How Are These Courses Delivered?
The courses are teacher-directed and
delivered via the Internet through a Learning Management System
product called "Educator" by UCompass.com. The courses are
hosted in a secure environment, and users are provided technical
support. Students enroll in the appropriate online course
and are provided a secure user identification and password.
An on-line instructor will evaluate your work and provide
guidance as you progress through the course.
- Student must be 18 years or older.
- Take TABE Test or present recent TABE
Test scores (within the last year) [Minimum TABE scores
- Call Student Services at 863-965-5475 to
discuss the Online class option.
- Complete applications and required
- Make appointment with adult school
- Introduce yourself to Online instructor.
Call 863-965-5475 for enrollment information
or send an e-mail to
here to view the Florida GED®
For additional ABE/GED programs in Polk
County, please visit the following websites.
TABE Test Required
- Online GED® prep course required level 9
- Online GED® student must be 18 years old